Work With Chicago Innovation
The Chicago Innovation team is made up of people who are passionate about Chicago and want to celebrate, educate, and connect its innovation community in unique ways. If you share that passion and think you’d make a good fit for the team, we’d love to hear from you.
Now in its 20th year, Chicago Innovation operates a year-round series of events and programs to empower the Chicago innovation ecosystem by educating, connecting and celebrating innovators. Our vision is to solidify the Chicago region as a global leader in innovation, and to ensure that innovation is for everyone.
Chicago Innovation is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women and people of color of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply.
Current Open Positions:
MANAGER OF MENTORING AND INCLUSION PROGRAMS
Chicago Innovation is looking for an empathetic, driven, and entrepreneurial self-starter who is passionate about equality and innovation to join our team as Manager of Mentoring and Inclusion Programs, which includes leading three programs that utilize mentoring as a means to advance our vision that innovation is for everyone, who will be assisted by a Program Coordinator. These programs are focused on supporting three groups of people: women, Black and Latinx innovators, and older adults.
The specific names of these innovative programs are:
1. Women’s Mentoring Co-op: One-On-One with a Female Mentor (approximately 50 pairs)
2. The Ladder: Black and Latinx Mentoring (approximately 25 pairs)
3. Ageless Innovators: Intergenerational Co-Mentoring (approximately 25 pairs)
We are seeking a leader who possesses the vision to take these inclusion-focused initiatives to greater heights.
Primary job duties would include the following:
- Lead and represent these programs to the broader Chicago business and non-profit communities
- Act as an ambassador for supporting diversity, equity and inclusion in Chicago
- Engage in thought leadership around issues impacting women, Black and Latinx innovators and older adults in the workplace, including the writing of op-eds and articles, speaking on panels at events, etc.
- Expand the depth and breadth of each program through creating and implementing strategic goals that add new offerings and value to all program constituents
- Supervise a Program Coordinator in all aspects of these programs
- Lead the identification and solicitation of sponsors, funders and strategic partners
- Write grants and fundraising proposals to support the financial growth and sustainability of each program
- Manage relationships with existing sponsors and key partners
Program planning and implementation:
- Recruit mentors and mentees to participate in each 6-month cohort cycle of the program
- Pair participants to ensure mentoring relationships are good fits
- Communicate with mentors and mentees throughout the course of each cohort cycle
- Oversee data collection and measurement of program outcomes
Event planning and execution
- Plan and lead program events, including receptions, educational roundtables and small group discussions
- Manage relationships with event vendors and oversee logistics
- Communicate with attendees leading up to the event to manage RSVPs and answer questions
- Create event agendas and act as emcee for program events
- Passion for inclusion and enjoys working with people who are committed to empowering others
- Good communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solver, efficient work-flow manager, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a highly organized manner
- Strong teamwork and consensus-building skills; effective in group decision-making
- Positive attitude, entrepreneurial and a passion for building Chicago’s innovation community
Experience level and how to apply
Seeking candidates with 4-5 years of relevant work experience. If interested, please submit the following three items to [email protected] to be considered:
1) Video response that answers the question “Why are you interested in this position, and why do you believe that you are the best candidate?” (video submission up to 2 minutes long)
3) Cover letter