Work With Chicago Innovation
The Chicago Innovation team is made up of people who are passionate about Chicago and want to celebrate, educate, and connect its innovation community in unique ways. If you share that passion and think you’d make a good fit for the team, we’d love to hear from you.
Chicago Innovation is a year-long series of events and activities with one overarching mission — to accelerate the growth of innovation in the Chicago region. Our goal is to help the economy of the Chicago region grow through the jobs, revenues, and improved lives that are the result of innovation.
Events & Communications Coordinator
Chicago Innovation is looking for an enthusiastic, driven, and entrepreneurial self-starter to join our team as Events & Communications Coordinator.
Chicago Innovation, established in 2002 as the Chicago Innovation Awards, has grown from a single awards ceremony to a year-round series of events and activities designed to educate, connect and celebrate innovators across the Chicago region. The organization’s expansion has included formation of the Women Mentoring Co-op to support female innovators, the Chicago Student Invention Convention to teach the innovation process to students in K-8th grade, Ageless Innovators to bridge the generations through inter-generational co-mentorship, Corporate Start-up Matchmaking to connect large corporations with emerging start-ups, and an Innovation MBA in partnership with IIT that offers graduate students with experiential learning and scholarships.
• Support Chicago Innovation’s year-round series of events
o Assist in all areas of conceptualization, planning, and execution of events
o Manage the registration process, communications to attendees, and promotion of each event
o Assist with event logistics, including coordination among vendors and exhibitors, load-ins and load-outs, attending site visits, conducting venue research, and reviewing proposals
o Recruit and manage volunteers
• Lead Chicago Innovation Membership program
o Act as lead point of contact for the organization’s year-round individual members
o Manage member onboarding and renewals
o Develop and implement strategies to grow member base
• Support communications and marketing initiatives
o Lead Chicago Innovation’s social media presence across all accounts (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram)
o Assist in a variety of marketing-related activities involving Google analytics, email marketing, SEO, website curation, video archive curation and promotion, and more
• Strong communicative skills including writing, presenting, and face-to-face interaction; strong attention to detail, and an ability to manage multiple tasks in a highly organized manner
• Positive attitude, entrepreneurial mindset, and a passion for building Chicago’s innovation community
• Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office, basic video editing, event registration platforms, email marketing platforms, and social media channels.
Experience level and how to apply
This is an entry level position. We are seeking a candidate with 1-3 years of work experience in relevant fields, which can include relevant internship experience. Learn more at www.chicagoinnovation.com. If interested, please submit resume, cover letter and sample portfolio of design work (link to your website or PDF of work) to Luke Tanen at [email protected]
Chicago Innovation Winter Internship
Chicago Innovation is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the team as a Winter Intern starting in January 2020.
Established in 2002, Chicago Innovation celebrates, educates and connects Chicago’s innovation community. The Winter Intern would have exposure to and be involved in the following activities over the course of the entire internship:
- Researching start-ups that meet the needs of large corporations
- Chicago Innovation event support including promotional activities, identifying strategic partners, venue research and on-site event execution
- Website support
- Supporting the growth of the Women Mentoring Co-op, including identifying potential sponsors, analyzing impact data and other program logistics
- Advancing the growth of the Chicago Student Invention Convention including teacher/school recruitment, identifying potential funders, and program support
In addition, the intern would also play a supportive role with the various Chicago Innovation events and activities that will take place this winter including The Innovator’s Guide to Chicago and The Taste of Innovation.
This is a paid internship. If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].