Work With Chicago Innovation
The Chicago Innovation team is made up of people who are passionate about Chicago and want to celebrate, educate, and connect its innovation community in unique ways. If you share that passion and think you’d make a good fit for the team, we’d love to hear from you.
Chicago Innovation is a year-long series of events and activities with one overarching mission — to accelerate the growth of innovation in the Chicago region. Our goal is to help the economy of the Chicago region grow through the jobs, revenues, and improved lives that are the result of innovation.
Full-Time Graphic Designer for Chicago Innovation
Chicago Innovation is looking for a creative and talented designer who is passionate about innovation to join our team as a Full-Time Graphic Designer.
Now in its 18th year, Chicago Innovation operates a year-round series of events and programs to educate, connect and celebrate innovators in the Chicago region. Our vision is to solidify Chicago as a leading global hub of innovation, and to ensure that innovation is for everyone.
The graphic designer job includes the entire process of visualizing and creating digital graphics that motivates and inspires our target audiences. You’ll be the one to shape the visual aspects of our event invitations, program announcements, multi-media advertisements, booklets and printed programs, slideshows, sales decks, logos, website, and more. This involves both maintaining consistency with our existing brand aesthetic and style, along with developing new styles and brand identities. Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate ideas into design that helps Chicago Innovation achieve its goals.
Graphic Designer responsibilities include:
- Conceptualizing visuals based on goals and requirements
- Creating images and layouts using design software
- Prepare rough drafts, present ideas, and amend designs after feedback
- Collaborate with Chicago Innovation team members to produce final design
- Edit and update the Chicago Innovation website
- Create content for Constant Contact email marketing
- Generate content for social media
- Proven graphic designing experience
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud and especially the apps InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Proficient in WordPress templates and CMS, HTML 5 and CSS
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work methodically, collaboratively and meet deadlines
- Can manage multiple design projects in a highly organized manner
- Positive attitude, entrepreneurial and a passion for building Chicago’s innovation community
- Degree in Design or related field is a plus
Experience level and how to apply
Seeking candidates with 1-2 years of graphic design experience in a professional and collaborative work setting. Learn more at www.chicagoinnovation.com. If interested, please submit resume, cover letter and sample portfolio of design work (link to your website or PDF of work) to Luke Tanen at [email protected]
Chicago Innovation Winter Internship
Chicago Innovation is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the team as a Winter Intern starting in January 2020.
Established in 2002, Chicago Innovation celebrates, educates and connects Chicago’s innovation community. The Winter Intern would have exposure to and be involved in the following activities over the course of the entire internship:
- Researching start-ups that meet the needs of large corporations
- Chicago Innovation event support including promotional activities, identifying strategic partners, venue research and on-site event execution
- Website support
- Supporting the growth of the Women Mentoring Co-op, including identifying potential sponsors, analyzing impact data and other program logistics
- Advancing the growth of the Chicago Student Invention Convention including teacher/school recruitment, identifying potential funders, and program support
In addition, the intern would also play a supportive role with the various Chicago Innovation events and activities that will take place this winter including The Innovator’s Guide to Chicago and The Taste of Innovation.
This is a paid internship. If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].