Work With Chicago Innovation
The Chicago Innovation team is made up of people who are passionate about Chicago and want to celebrate, educate, and connect its innovation community in unique ways. If you share that passion and think you’d make a good fit for the team, we’d love to hear from you.
Now in its 19th year, Chicago Innovation operates a year-round series of events and programs to empower the Chicago innovation ecosystem by educating, connecting and celebrating innovators. Our vision is to solidify the Chicago region as a global leader in innovation, and to ensure that innovation is for everyone.
Chicago Innovation is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women and people of color of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position: Manager of Mentoring and Inclusion Programs
Chicago Innovation is looking for an empathetic, driven, and entrepreneurial self-starter who is passionate about equality and innovation to join our team as Manager of Mentoring and Inclusion Programs, which includes leading two programs that utilize mentoring as a means to advance our vision that innovation is for everyone:
- Women’s Mentoring Co-op: What started as a group of 25 women in 2016 has grown into a vibrant community of over 450 women who are committed to our mission of connecting, empowering and propelling women interested in innovation and entrepreneurship in Chicago.
- Ageless Innovators: Ageless Innovators bridges the generations through reciprocal co-mentoring to share experiences, skills and perspectives, along with building age-related empathy.
We are seeking a leader who possesses the vision to take these inclusion-focused initiatives to greater heights.
Primary job duties would include the following:
Champion these programs to the broader Chicago business and non-profit communities:
- Act as an ambassador for supporting diversity, equity and inclusion in Chicago
- Engage in thought leadership around issues impacting women and older adults in the workplace, including the writing of op-eds and articles, speaking on panels at events, etc.
- Expand the depth and breadth of each program through creating and implementing strategic goals that add new offerings and value to all program constituents
Partner relationship-building and management:
- Lead the identification and solicitation of sponsors, funders and strategic partners
- Write grants and fundraising proposals to support the financial growth and sustainability of each program
- Manage relationships with existing sponsors and key partners
Program planning and implementation:
- Recruit mentors and mentees to participate in each 6-month cohort cycle of the program
- Pair participants to ensure mentoring relationships are good fits
- Communicate with mentors and mentees throughout the course of each cohort cycle
- Oversee data collection and measurement of program outcomes
Event planning and execution:
- Plan and lead program events, including cocktail receptions, educational roundtables and small group discussions, and support two larger events: Celebrating Women in Innovation and Innovation for the Ages
- Manage relationships with event vendors and oversee logistics
- Communicate with attendees leading up to the event to manage RSVPs and answer questions
- Create event agendas and act as emcee for program events
- Passion for inclusion and enjoys working with people who are committed to empowering others
- Good communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solver, efficient work-flow manager, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a highly organized manner
- Strong teamwork and consensus-building skills; effective in group decision-making
- Positive attitude, entrepreneurial and a passion for building Chicago’s innovation community
Experience level and how to apply
Seeking candidates with 2-5 years of relevant work experience. If interested, please submit the following three items to [email protected] to be considered:
1) Video response that answers the question “Why are you interested in this position, and why do you believe that you are the best candidate?” (video submission up to 2 minutes long)
3) Cover letter